Rosters

As the NBA Finals tips off, I can't help but wonder...should we keep the Offensive Player spot in 2008? I also can't help but wonder why the Larry O'Brien trophy always has to be stamped so hideously large in the middle of the court.

So anyways, there were 2 major roster adjustments last year - the addition of the OP and the removal of a flex position (RB/WR). Instead, we had 2 RBs and 2 WRs. The only other roster talk I heard was the possibility of removing the Defensive Player position. That was mainly the week following a 6-sack game by Osi.

The way I see it, we should either keep it the same as last year or go back to our previous lineup.

2006:
QB, 2 RB, Flex (RB/WR), 2 WR, TE, DP, D/ST, K

2007:
QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, OP, TE, DP, D/ST, K

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Opening Argument
I actually haven't made my mind up yet. I think I'm leaning towards reverting back to a more traditional setup where the RBs play a bigger role, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

If you have another roster setup that you wanna suggest, feel free to post it in the Comments section.

4 comments:

  1. the sultan said...

    My initial instinct was to keep the OP and drop the flex because I thought the depth at QB would be better than the kind of guys that would be in the starting lineup at the flex. But after looking at last year's stats, I think it's just the opposite. So I suggest going back to the flex lineup we had 2 years ago.  

  2. Stewart said...

    Yeah, the dropoff at the QB position is much more drastic after about the Top 8 than any other position, which really doesn't provide for any depth whatsoever. That's what led to the shenanigans in the first and second round of last year's draft. I have a feeling at least 10 QBs would be taken in the first 2 rounds if we kept the OP position. But maybe that's a good thing and makes the draft more interesting...

    Still leaning, yet undecided.  

  3. John Herrington said...

    Just a correction...
    2007:
    QB, 1 RB, Flex(RB/WR), 2 WR, OP, TE, DP, D/ST, K

    I remember this is how we had it b/c I always had LT as my RB each week and then I had to decide on going three WRs or someone like Brandon Jacobs/Thomas Jones as my flex.

    Either way, I think the OP adds a TON of strategery BUT it also just has everyone picking up any QB that has a pulse. I think 2006 is the way to go b/c then you have a traditional draft and you have to go with depth instead of just any QB you can find.  

  4. Strictly Fantasy said...

    I vote to have the following the same as last year but limit the amount of qbs you can have on your roster at a time.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.